Engineering short courses
The course takes place 6 – 8.30pm and is a 10 week course (consecutive weeks).
The Introduction to Welding course incorporates the basics of Manual Metal Arc and MIG Welding, ideal for anyone wanting to do a spot of hobby welding/car repairs or just to learn the basic principles. The course will cover both theory and practical elements and will be held in the Engineering Department.
- All materials are supplied
- You will be required to provide a pair of cotton overalls and sturdy footwear
- Please note that only 10 places are available served on a first come first serve basis
- We reserve the right to cancel the course in the event of insufficient interest
- Minimum age to start the course is 16 years of age
Enrolment and course start dates are subject to required numbers for course being achieved
For more information please contact Rachel Harrison (Engineering Programme Administrator) on 01270 613269 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Excellent course, learn a lot about how to weld and fix problems with weld.
Scott’s a star! This course was brilliant at teaching a practical, craft skill. Great humour. Every question answered. I would love to come back and do other courses.
What I’ve learn here will be useful.
Excellent. Scott’s pace of instructing and well-timed humour were invaluable.
Excellent really enjoyed the course and have come away able to stitch metal together never having welded before.