Keeper for a Day
Our keeper for a day experience gives you the chance to get stuck in and find out what it is like to be a zoo keeper. You will working alongside dedicated keepers across all of our animal sections and get to see first-hand what it’s like to work with animals.
Our keeper for a day sessions run on the first and second weekend of each month.
A typical day will run as follows:
|10am-11am||Work on the zoo with animals including the lemurs and meerkats|
|11am-12pm||Work with the large mammals including ponies, alpaca and donkeys|
|12.30-1.30pm||Work with the small mammals, including rabbits and rodents|
|1.30-2.30pm||Work on the exotics section, including reptiles and amphibians|
Junior/Adult next available dates:
- 6th/7th November
- 13th/14th November
- 4th/5th December
- 11th/12th December
- 8th/9th January
- 12th February
- March – No sessions due to Lambing
- We are currently running at reduced capacity, with a maximum of three participants per session.
- Minimum age for children is 8 years old
- One free spectator is allowed per booking and under 18s must be accompanied by an adult (included in the price). Additional spectators are required to pay normal zoo entry
- Spectators will not be able to take part in the activities or enter enclosures, if you wish to take part together please see pricing below
Prices for the activity:
- Junior – £110
- Adult – £140
If you would like to share your experience with a friend or family member, add a second (or third) person to your booking for a discounted rate of £90 for Junior and £120 for Adult Keeper for a Day experiences.
Got a question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By booking this experience you agree to our terms and conditions as stated here.