Fundamentals of Animal Biology
This includes a wide range of topics to ensure that all students have a good understanding of essential biological processes in animals.
This will enable you to:
- Outline the key physiological processes that govern animal function
- Describe the main physiological systems in a variety of animals and relate to behaviour
- Describe examples of mendelian genetics and inheritance with reference to natural and sexual selection
- Explain neuronal communication in terms of the relationship between structure and function in neuronal networks, sensory transducers, and muscles
- Distinguish between eukaryotic cell structures and the differences in cell division, using a combination of lab techniques and theory