The Board of Governors at Reaseheath College is seeking to recruit potential Governors to strengthen the skills and experience of its current membership and to play a part in leading this successful and forward-looking college.
Reaseheath College is one of the best specialist technical institutions in England, working closely with industry partners to deliver outstanding education and skills to students planning to work within the land-based and associated sectors in the UK. The College turns over £32m per annum and has around 6,000 learners, 900 of whom live on the site during term time. Provision ranges from Entry Level onwards, with the vast majority from Level 3 – Level 6 and includes Apprenticeships.
We are currently looking for new members with any of the following experience and skills:
- Commercial farming and the rural economy
- Financial management
- Business development and risk management in a complex and changing environment
Would you like to?
- Use your skills and experience in farming and/or financial and business management to support our continuing success and development in serving the land-based industries?
- Actively participate in monitoring our continued capital investment in our campus and resources for the benefit of students?
- Help to drive our industry partnership focus that is at the heart of College strategy and key to our success?
You will be a member of a progressive Board that helps to decide the College’s educational character and mission, shapes its future strategy and monitors its use of public resources.
Board members serve in a voluntary capacity (without remuneration) and are usually asked to attend about 8-10 day time meetings each year, for which they receive travel expenses.
We also have opportunities to contribute as a co-opted member (non-governor) of any one of our committees. These cover the quality of our Further Education, Higher Education and Apprenticeships, as well as our Audit, Finance and HR functions. We are always keen to hear from members of the community who would like to offer their skills and experience to support the College.
If you would like an information pack, please contact Hilary Hill, PA to the Clerk to the Corporation, Reaseheath College, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 6DF, telephone 01270 613266, or email email@example.com. You can view more information on the board of governors here.