Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
This qualification is a first stage teaching qualification which has a teaching/training practice requirement. This programme is quite intensive and covers a broad range of topics such as planning for learning, assessment techniques, managing group learning and more. The skills you gain on this course will further develop your teaching practise be it in the classroom, in the workshop and online. The course is assessed using a range of methods across the programme of study and these can include, lesson observations, written assignments, presentations, discussions, quizzes, practical activities, and online tests. Assessment is continuous and will take place throughout your course.
Units to be studied:
You will complete all mandatory units and up to 15 credits of optional units.
Mandatory units include:
- 301: Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in lifelong learning
- 401: Planning for learning in education and training
- 402: Delivering learning in education and training
- 403: Assessing learning in education and training
- 404: Using resources in education and training
A range of optional units are available, these include but not limited to units on behaviour management, coaching & mentoring, inclusion and assessors award.
How long will it take and where does it take place?
- The course is 35 weeks in duration – not including half term breaks
- It is delivered on a Tuesday evening, in person or online. Lessons to be held 18.00-21.00.
- OR Friday morning, in person or online. Lessons to be held 09.00-12.00.
- Evidence of a level 2 or equivalent in English and maths
- Evidence of appropriate qualification/ experience in the subject you intend to teach
- Have access to a teaching placement that offers at least 30 hours of teaching practice
- It is also recommended you have a Level 3 Award in Education and Training
Enrol w/c 27 July 2023 (Independent study set)
Face to face learning starts: 07 or 08 September 2023
Course cost £1400
For more information please contact our Learning and Professional Development Team on 01270 616470 or firstname.lastname@example.org.