Upcoming Clinics and Demonstrations
Mechanical Horse Sessions
Lessons are £25 for 30 minutes with our resident BHSAI instructor, Shannon Edwards.
Our mechanical horse, Flicker, is designed to help riders, of all ages and abilities, improve their riding. Using a mechanical horse is a fantastic way to correct your straightness and balance, without the interference of real horse. Thanks to the mechanical horse’s capabilities, it is suitable for any level rider. From practicing your ‘up, downs’ to practicing your flying changes!
Flicker is a life size horse and you can even bring your own saddle to practice on! Flicker is located in a fully mirrored room so you can see what the instructor is seeing and gain a better understanding.
Our instructor will modify every session to suit your needs and is extremely flexible in their teaching style.
We have a remote to control Flicker and can therefore adhere to social distancing regulations throughout your session.
Riders will be asked to bring their own riding hat.
Weight limit of 13 stone applies.
Please call 01270 616497 to book and then use EQUO to confirm the booking
The mechanic horse is available to hire on Sunday, 10am – 4pm on the following dates:
- September – 12th, 19th and 26th
- October – 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th October
- November – 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th
Dressage Test Riding Clinic
Open to all levels and abilities, this is a fantastic opportunity to get your horse ready for competition in a controlled environment following the lockdown. Take away the stress of a real competition and practice in a friendly and relaxed environment.
The 1:1 test practice is held in our indoor arena with white boards and fully dressed with our brand new flower arrangements. At Reaseheath there is also the advantage of having full mirrors on the short AND long sides.
You have the opportunity to warm your horse up in the 30 x 60 outdoor arena (as you would on a competition day) 30 minutes before your test. On your time you will then be called into the indoor arena to preform a test of your choosing (20×40 or 20×60). As on a competition day, you will wait for the bell to ring and our highly qualified judge/instructor will complete a test sheet. Following your test, you will stay in the indoor arena and receive personal one to one training on how to improve your marks. The full time you spend in the indoor arena is 30 minutes – after your session you can again make use of our outdoor arena and cool your horse down before collecting your test sheet.
- British Dressage test available: Intro – Advanced Medium
- British Eventing test available: 91, 92, 95, 102, 106 & 108
- Music tests also available
20 x 40 tests will be held in the morning and 20 x 60 tests in the afternoon.
Don’t feel ready for a test? No problem! You can book on for 30 minute 1:1 training only.
**£35 per session**
- Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th October
Clinics and Events
Here at Reaseheath College we pride ourselves on the training and educating of horse and rider. We are proud to offer a wide range of weekday clinics happening all year round including:
- Mondays – Weekly Polework Clinic
- Wednesdays – Alternating Flat and Grid Clinics
- Thursdays – Stable management Training (including BHS Stage exams)
- Online BHS/Equine Husbandry Courses
All our clinics and training are taught by are amazing Equine Team of instructors and lectures. All of whom have a wide range of experience and specialist areas from there many years of work. All our staff undergo regular CPD (continuing professional development) to make sure that they are up to date with all there is to know in the equine world and how to best to deliver it back to the client.
Entries to these clinics and training can be found on EQUO and our Online Shop.
We welcome you to call the office on 01270 616497 if you have any questions or want a chat about how we can help you with your equine journey.
- Monday 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th September
- Monday 4th, 11th, 18th October
- Monday 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th October
- Monday 6th, 13th December
- Wednesday 23rd September
- Wednesday 6th, 20th October
- Wednesday 10th, 24th November
- Wednesday 8th December
- Wednesday 8th, 15th, 30th September
- Wednesday 13th October
- Wednesday 3rd, 17th November
- Wednesday 1st, 16th December
Online Courses - BHS Theory Training
- Monday/Tuesday 25th, 26th October – Test Riding Day
- Wednesday 27th October – Equine MOT Day & Halloween Unaffiliated SJ Competition
- Thursday/Friday 28th, 29th October – Arena XC Hire
- Thursday 28th October – Sj Arena Hire
- Friday 29th October – Dressage Arena Hire
Telephone: 01270 616497