Invites have been sent to the email provided on your application to book your ride assessment, if you have not received an email or have any questions please contact Jill Elmore on 01270 616448.
Recommended Reading Lists
- Clinton, M. and Houghton-Brown. (2010) Horse Business Management: Managing a Successful Yard
- Islay Auty – The British Horse Society (2008) The BHS Complete Manual of Horse and Stable Management
- Hastie, P. (2012) The BHS Veterinary Manual – Second Edition
- The Pony Club (2010) The Pony Club Guide to Pasture Management
- The British Horse Society (2017) BHS Complete Horsemanship Volume 1
- The British Horse Society (2017) BHS Complete Horsemanship Volume 2
Research you can do
- Investigate opportunities for your work experience placement – remember to choose a placement in an area of your interest and accessibility!
- If you’re interested in riding with us, investigate the ‘scales of training’ and how they affect the horse and rider’s development.
- Research the rules of feeding and watering horses and identify how they affect the horse’s digestive ability