Applying for an apprenticeship
Whether or not you are currently employed you can still apply to study toward an Apprenticeship at Reaseheath College.
If you know which apprenticeship you’d like to apply for you can apply online here. Once we have received your application we will contact you to arrange the next stage of the process.
If you are already employed for 30 hours or more per week your employer will need to agree to your enrolment. Please contact us and we will explain the process to you and your employer. We will complete all the necessary documentation with you, including an initial assessment of your skills, and a health and safety assessment of the work you will be carrying out.
Ready and looking for work, no employer?
If you have decided which occupational area you would like to work in, but have not yet got a job, you will need to identify a vacancy that suits you and be successful in getting that job!
- We have good links with local employers and are always advertising new vacancies on our website
- We can show you how to access the National Apprentice Vacancy Service so that you can apply online for jobs that suit you
- Search companies in your area (make sure they are within travelling distance)
- Send out your CV and covering letter to employers, follow this up a week later with a phone call and try to speak to the owner
- Gain work experience through volunteering
Once you have found employment contact us. If you are unable to find employment a full-time course is a good alternative, but do keep looking for an apprenticeship work placement.
If you are unsure about anything you can come and have a chat to us at one of our Further Education Course Open Days.