Technical Baccalaureate in
The Technical Baccalaureate is a government backed innovative programme that is designed for talented, ambitious individuals who are keen to pursue a career within the equine industry.
You will study the Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Equine Management along with advanced Maths and an independent research project. You will also have the opportunity to work towards industry recognised British Horse Society (BHS) qualifications and you’ll complete a specialist industry work placement.
How long will it take?
- 2 years, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- 5 GCSEs at grades 5/B or above to include English, Maths and Science
- Relevant Level 2 Diploma at Merit or above with GCSE grade B in Maths and English. Those with other level 2 qualifications will be considered on a case by case basis
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Equine Management
- Level 3 Core Maths
- Level 3 Extended Project qualification
Successful completion of these 3 elements will result in the awarding of the Technical Baccalaureate in Equine Management.
Course options after this programme
- You may progress into Higher Education, gain employment within the equine industry or start a Higher Apprenticeship
Higher Education course options
- Equine Business Management
- Rural Events Management
- Equine Science and Sports Coaching
- Equine and Human Sports Performance
- Equine Science
- Equine Breeding and Stud Management
- A range of Applied Science, Business or Sports programmes
- Business Management
- Nutritional or Behavioural Advisors/Consultants/Research
- Event Management
- Veterinary related careers (Thermography/Radiography/Physiotherapy/Chiropractor)
- Pharmacological Research
- Rehabilitation and Therapy