Level 2 Apprenticeship in
Trade Suppliers play a vital role in ensuring an efficient flow of goods and services between manufacturers and their skilled trade customer base. They operate in a variety of sectors including electrical, plumbing, joinery and general building supplies. Typically, a Trade Supplier will operate a small warehouse and trade counter, which is visited regularly by professional trade customers who have technical knowledge about what they are buying. Trade Suppliers can specialise in roles in a trade business environment, which may include sales, purchasing, account management, logistics and administration.
What will I study?
- Assisting customers in exploring product ranges and alternative and complementary products and services, based on the fundamental underpinning product knowledge
- Identifying the customers’ requirements, matching them to the trade supplier’s products and services
- Delivering accurate product information, to enable the customer to make a decision on products and services and know how to access the detailed technical specification of a product when required.
- Securing a trade sale using appropriate selling techniques, both face to face and on the telephone, and methods to complete the transaction.
- Applying basic merchandising techniques used within the business.
- Applying the key principles of selling in a trade supplier environment, using a variety of methods, which may include unique selling points, upselling, and link selling to secure and complete sales transactions.
- Communicating with customers using various methods and systems appropriate to the situation
- Applying the key principles of administration and working practices to accurately prepare, store, communicate and process businesses documentation.
- Processing information, to the key standards of data protection, security and intellectual property rights.
How long will it take?
- The typical duration for this apprenticeship is 12 months but this will depend on the previous experience of the apprentice and access to opportunities to gain the full range of competence.
- Day release
What qualifications do I need to start?
- Preferably 4 GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English and Maths
- Good understanding of IT systems
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 2 apprenticeship in Trade Supplier
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
Course options after this programme
- Continue to progress within industry or a higher level apprenticeship