Level 3 Diploma
This advanced level training is designed to prepare you for a career as a fully qualified bricklayer.
Working with industry professionals, you’ll aim to cement your skills by taking part in a combination of workshop practicals, lectures, work experience in the community and campus based project work.
This programme also includes elements of construction management and site supervision, great if you’re thinking of starting your own business.
What will I study?
- Safe working practices in construction
- Project Management and site supervision
- Building methods and construction technology
- Quantity Surveying and communications
- Structural and decorative brickwork
- Repairing and maintaining masonry structures
- Complex masonry structures
- Telehandler training
- Work experience
- Community and campus based project
- Functional Skills or GCSE in Maths and English depending on previous qualifications
How long will it take?
- 1 year, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 3 Diploma in Brickwork
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
- Specialised short courses such as Telehandler training
Course options after this programme
- Progress onto higher level study, or
- Move into a higher level job as a fully qualified bricklayer
- Site Supervisor
- Technical Assistant
- Building Supplier – Sales
How much will this course cost?
If you are under 19 on 31st August 2017 the tuition fees and exam costs are free for our courses. If you are aged 19 or over you may have to pay a fee.
You may also be required to pay costs associated with study tours or additional qualifications.
For more information on fees and to find out about what financial support may be available to you visit the student finance pages on our website.
Our college buses pick up over 1,000 students each day from a wide area. The cost of daily transport is subsidised if travelling on the College bus service. To find out the cost of transport and a bus route near you visit the transport pages on our website.
At Reaseheath we have on-site residential accommodation for 785 students. If you are aged over 16 and studying on a full-time course you may apply for a residential place. Visit the accommodation pages on our website for more information.
How do I apply?
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find out more information about this course on our FAQs page.