Level 3 Diploma
This advanced level training is designed to prepare you for a career as a fully qualified bricklayer.
Working with industry professionals, you’ll aim to cement your skills by taking part in a combination of workshop practicals, lectures, work experience in the community and campus based project work.
This programme also includes elements of construction management and site supervision, great if you’re thinking of starting your own business.
What will I study?
- Safe working practices in construction
- Project Management and site supervision
- Building methods and construction technology
- Quantity Surveying and communications
- Structural and decorative brickwork
- Repairing and maintaining masonry structures
- Complex masonry structures
- Telehandler training
- Work experience
- Community and campus based project
- Functional Skills or GCSE in Maths and English depending on previous qualifications
How long will it take?
- 1 year, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 3 Diploma in Brickwork
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
- Specialised short courses such as Telehandler training
Course options after this programme
- Progress onto higher level study, or
- Move into a higher level job as a fully qualified bricklayer
- Site Supervisor
- Technical Assistant
- Building Supplier – Sales
Current job role: Assistant Site Manager for Pochin
Previous course: Level 3 Diploma in Brickwork, 2014
“I owe everything to the Construction department as they prepared me for the world of work. My tutors emphasised the things I needed to do, and the workshops are brilliant. I would recommend studying Construction at Reaseheath to anyone.”