Level 1 Programmes
You’ll focus on developing your personal and social skills, which will help you to progress onto further study or work.
You’ll also complete a work placement and may be able to study additional qualifications.
How long will it take?
- 1 year
What qualifications do I need to start?
- You do not need exam passes to start but you do need to be at entry level in literacy and numeracy
- You will have at least one interview and an assessment of your literacy and numeracy and support needs before you are offered a place
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 1 qualification in the area you have chosen
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
Course options after this programme
- Progress onto a Level 2 Diploma or a Jump to Level 2 Programme, or
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in your subject or a related area, or
- Go straight into employment