Introduction to Lunging
Duration: One day workshop
- Saturday 14th March 2020
- Saturday 25th April 2020
- Saturday 16th May 2020
- Saturday 13th June 2020
Time: 10am – 12pm
Course Summary: This is a short course introducing the principles of lunging horses.
The session will cover:
- Reasons for lunging and the equipment needed
- Lunging practice
- Discussing how to deal with a range of horses.
Clothing and Equipment required:
You will need to supply a riding hat that has been correctly fitted and meets the current safety standards:
- PAS015(1998 or 2011) + a BSI Kitemark OR Inspec IC Mark
- VG1 01.040 (2014-12) + a BSI Kitemark OR Inspec IC Mark
- ASTM F1163 (2004a or 04a onwards) + SEI mark
- SNELL (E2001 or E2016) + SNELL label and number
- AS/NZS 3838 (2006 onwards) + SAI global mark
For safety reasons we ask that you wear gloves and no jewellery, apart from a watch and wedding ring, is worn. Hair of shoulder length or longer must be tied back and a hairnet worn.
Please don’t go out and buy any special clothing, we want you to feel comfortable and relaxed during your lessons. As long as it is safe, dark in colour, practical and suitable attire for the given weather conditions then it will be ok. We would advise you to bring extra clothing, such as waterproofs, warm jackets or a cooler top with sleeves if the weather looks as though it could be unpredictable. Please note hoodies are not permitted.
Either breeches or jodhpurs are fine – plain colours are usually more practical and long leather riding boots or boots with leather gaiters must be worn. Participants should also bring a long and short whip.
Course Leader: Joanne Roper BHSII
Reaseheath Equestrian Centre