Level 2 Diploma
A worthwhile progression route from Level 1, this is your vital training top-up towards becoming a fully qualified plasterer.
You’ll strengthen your skills in more advanced plastering techniques and methods such as forming sand and cement screeds, producing plaster components, plastering external surfaces and dry lining.
Preparing you for the world of work, you’ll work on real-life projects both on and off campus.
What will I study?
- Safe working practices
- Plastering external surfaces
- Fixing dry lining and plasterboard to interiors
- Forming sand and cement screeds
- Producing plaster components
- Positioning and securing fibrous plaster components
- Applying plaster internally
- Applying plaster to produce complex external surfaces
- Work placement
- Work on community and campus based projects
- Functional Skills or GCSE in Maths and English depending on previous qualifications
How long will it take?
- 1 year, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 2 Diploma in Plastering
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
- ICT skills
Course options after this programme
- You can progress on to the Level 3 Diploma in Plastering, or
- Start a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Plastering
- Apprentice Plasterer
- Technical Assistant
- Building supplier – sales
How much will this course cost?
If you are under 19 on 31st August 2018 the tuition fees and exam costs are free for our courses. If you are aged 19 or over you may have to pay a fee.
You may also be required to pay costs associated with study tours or additional qualifications.
For more information on fees and to find out about what financial support may be available to you visit the student finance pages on our website.
Our college buses pick up over 1,400 students each day from a wide area. From September 2018 all college bus routes to Reaseheath will be FREE. To find a bus route near you visit the transport pages on our website.
At Reaseheath we have on-site residential accommodation for 785 students. If you are aged over 16 and studying on a full-time course you may apply for a residential place. Visit the accommodation pages on our website for more information.
How do I apply?
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find out more information about this course on our FAQs page.