Level 2 Diploma
A worthwhile progression route from Level 1, this is your vital training top-up towards becoming a fully qualified plasterer.
You’ll strengthen your skills in more advanced plastering techniques and methods such as forming sand and cement screeds, producing plaster components, plastering external surfaces and dry lining.
Preparing you for the world of work, you’ll work on real-life projects both on and off campus.
What will I study?
- Safe working practices
- Plastering external surfaces
- Fixing dry lining and plasterboard to interiors
- Forming sand and cement screeds
- Producing plaster components
- Positioning and securing fibrous plaster components
- Applying plaster internally
- Applying plaster to produce complex external surfaces
- Work placement
- Work on community and campus based projects
- Functional Skills or GCSE in Maths and English depending on previous qualifications
How long will it take?
- 1 year, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 2 Diploma in Plastering
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
- ICT skills
Course options after this programme
- You can progress on to the Level 3 Diploma in Plastering, or
- Start a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Plastering
- Apprentice Plasterer
- Technical Assistant
- Building Supplier – Sales