T Level in
Design, Surveying and Planning
This two-year T Level focuses on Design, Surveying and Planning in the construction and built environment sectors. It has been designed with employers to teach you core knowledge and skills and you will develop your skills in research, problem solving, solution-development, communication and collaboration. One week you could produce sketches and drawings on industry-standard software, the next you could work in a group to produce a tender; then you might complete research for a mock court case; and then collect dimensional information from a site visit.
What will I study?
You will cover core topics such as:
- Health and safety
- Science, measurement and building technology
- Information, data and digital technology
- Construction mathematical techniques
- Design and sustainability
- Construction and the built environment
- Relationship management, commercial business, project management and law
To boost your employability, you will also complete 315 hours (equivalent to 45 days or 9 weeks) of work experience over the two-year course.
How long will it take?
- 2 years, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English and Maths
- You will also need to attend an interview and an applicant day
What qualifications will I gain?
- T Level in Design, Surveying and Planning
Course options after this programme
- This course is equivalent to three A Levels, so you could decide to progress onto a higher-level apprenticeship or onto degree level study, or,
- Go straight into employment within the construction industry
- This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in construction, specifically in surveying and design, civil engineering, building services design, or hazardous materials surveying. There are lots of career options available to you once you have completed this course, including roles such as a Civil Engineering Technician, Building Control Officer, Technical Surveyor, Town Planning Assistant, Building Technician or a Geospatial Technician.