T Level in
This T Level is an exciting new qualification for students wanting to learn about on-site construction at a level 3 standard. Made up of 50% practical and 50% theory, you will be supported to develop your skills in research, problem solving, solution-development, communication, and collaboration. You will also get real-world experience as part of your qualification, with a 315-hour work placement during your course, to help you gain more of those all-important skills for future employment.
What will I study?
The core content covers a whole range of topics related to the industry including:
- Health and safety in construction
- Construction science, design, sustainability and measurement principles
- Construction & the built environment industry
- Building technology principles
- Information and data principles
- Relationship management in construction
- Digital technology in construction
- Commercial/business principles in construction
In addition to the modules above, you will choose one occupational specialism from the on-site construction trades; you can choose to specialise in either brickwork, carpentry and joinery or plastering.
To boost your employability, you will also complete 315 hours (equivalent to 45 days or 9 weeks) of work experience over the two-year course.
How long will it take?
- 2 years, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English and Maths
- You will also need to attend an interview and an applicant day
What qualifications will I gain?
- T Level in On-site Construction
Course options after this programme
- This course is equivalent to three A Levels, so you could decide to progress onto a HNC/HND in Construction or another construction courses at degree level, or
- Go straight into employment within the construction sector
- This T Level is the perfect course for you if you wish to work as either a bricklayer, carpenter or plasterer.