Level 2 Technical Certificate
Also offered at Burrow’s Lane and Croft End
This course is designed to introduce you to the many career options within the equestrian industry. You will develop the knowledge and practical skills you’ll need to work within the industry.
You will work with horses in a safe environment, complete work experience and enjoy study trips – great preparation for your next steps in study or employment.
What will I study?
- Health and Safety
- Equine Health and Welfare
- Working in Equine Industry
- Horse Tack and Equipment
- Routine Stable Duties
- Feeding and Watering Horses
- Horse Handling and Grooming
- Introduction to Lunging
- Equine Anatomy and Physiology
- Work Placement (150 hours)
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
How long will it take?
- 1 year, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grades 3/D
- Foundation Level 1 in Horse Care at Merit or above
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Horse Care
- You will also have the opportunity to gain additional qualifications, including BHS Certificates
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths (depending on previous qualifications)
Course options after this programme
- You can progress on to one of our Level 3 Technical Qualifications in Equine (Merit overall needed at Level 2), or
- Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship in Horse Care
- Riding schools and livery yards
- Competition yards – eventing, show jumping, dressage, showing
- Racing industry
Please note: acceptance onto riding units is subject to assessment and maximum weight limit based on scale. Click here for further information on our new scale of weight limit for riding