Safe use of a manually fed brushwood chipper (0020-58)
Gaining this qualification proves that you can prepare, operate and maintain a brushwood chipper in a competent and professional manner. The brushwood chipper may be tractor mounted, trailed or pedestrian controlled/power take off or engine driven.
The training and assessment is divided into three compulsory units:
- Prepare the brushwood chipper for operation
- Operate the brushwood chipper
- Maintain the brushwood chipper
1 day training followed by assessment at a later date.
You must be aged 16 years or over and be physically fit and able to complete the tasks involved
Candidates must provide their own PPE.
Skills and Knowledge Assessed
- Current legislation relating to movement of a machine on a public highway
- Legal and safety requirements
- Pre-start Checks
- Statutory guard requirements
- Fuel storage and transportation
- Safe lifting and handling requirements
- Suitability of machine for the task and machine adjustments
- Check output against specification
- Cleaning and storage
- Completion of appropriate documentation
- Identification of hazards and erecting barriers/signs to safeguard the public
For more information please contact email@example.com.