If you enjoy biological sciences and adore animals why not combine your interests and become an animal management student at Reaseheath.
You’ll be based at our fantastic purpose built animal centre with its licensed teaching zoo – facilities which are among the best in the UK. Even more exciting, you’ll have the chance to work with 125 different species of animals including tapirs, meerkats, ring tailed lemurs, otters, birds of prey, reptiles, fish, amphibians and a range of companion and park animals.
Your classroom lectures will come to life as you carry out your practical sessions with our animals, as well as having opportunities to visit a wide range of other collections. You may even choose to travel abroad on one of our exciting study tours to Ireland or Africa!
You’ll learn how to undertake husbandry tasks with our animals to the highest standards required by industry or volunteer on the centre to support our visitors at animal encounters and zoo school. There will also be opportunities to get involved in research projects and conservation activities.
Whatever your interests, you’ll be encouraged to gain as many experiences as possible and to explore the many exciting and varied careers on offer.
These courses are a great springboard to degree courses, particularly if you’re interested in science, biology or zoology, and there are lots of research opportunities. Some of our students go into wildlife conservation after gaining work experience with big game animals in Africa. Others follow fulfilling careers in pet retail outlets, veterinary nursing or become keepers in zoos or farm parks. What will you choose to do?
- BSc (Hons) Animal Behaviour and Welfare
- BSc (Hons) Animal Behaviour and Welfare (including Foundation Year)
- BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training (Top-Up)
- BSc (Hons) Wildlife Conservation and Ecology
- BSc (Hons) Wildlife Conservation and Ecology (including Foundation Year)
- BSc (Hons) Animal Management (Behaviour and Welfare) (Top-Up)
- BSc (Hons) Zoo Management (Top-Up)
- Foundation Degree Animal Management (Behaviour and Welfare)
- Foundation Degree Zoo Management
- Foundation Degree Canine Behaviour and Training (full-time and part-time)