T Level (Level 3) in
Animal Management and Science
If you want to combine your passion for both science and animals, the T Level in Animal Management and Science is the perfect qualification for you. This exciting two-year course will prepare you for employment in roles such as an animal nutritionist, animal physiotherapist, veterinary nurse or zoologist.
You will not only be working with a variety of animals in our on-site mini zoo, but you will also be carrying out important research on campus, alongside 315 hours of industry placement for that essential work experience.
What will I study?
You will cover core topics related to the animal management industry such as:
- Health and safety
- Working in the animal care sector
The T Level in Animal Care and Science will also teach you how to:
- Apply research methods to collect and analyse scientific information on animal conservation
- Observe the behaviour, security, and breeding practices of animals
- Plan for and manage the good health and welfare of animals
- Carry out safe animal handling practices
- Plan, perform, record, and communicate findings of scientific investigations in animal science
To boost your employability, you will also undertake a two-week Employer Set Project which is great preparation for work in the industry.
How long will it take?
- 2 years, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above to include English, Science and Maths.
- You will also need to attend an interview and an applicant day
Typical entry requirements include:
- 5 GCSEs grades 4 and above including Maths, English and Science
What qualifications will I gain?
- T Level (Level 3) in Animal Care and Science
Course options after this programme
This course is equivalent to three A Levels, so you could decide to progress onto:
- Higher Education and study a degree,
- You could complete a Higher Apprenticeship or,
- Go straight into employment within the animal science sector
- Pet store or kennels or cattery manager
- Animal care technician
- Animal rescue centre staff
- Guide dog trainer
- Trainee zookeeper
- Animal nutritionist
- Animal physiotherapist
- Veterinary nurse