T Level (Level 3) in
Animal Management and Behaviour
Would you love a career in the animal care industry, perhaps as an animal conservationist or animal behaviourist? Our two-year T Level in Animal Management and Behaviour has been specifically designed with employers to ensure you will gain the practical skills and experience needed to achieve your goal.
Not only will you be perfecting your animal handling and research skills by carrying out practical sessions in our on-site mini zoo, you will also complete 315 hours of industry placement for that all important work experience, ensuring you are career ready after completing your course.
What will I study?
You will cover core topics related to the animal management industry such as:
- Health and safety
- Working in the animal care sector
The T Level in Animal Care and Management will also teach you how to:
- Optimise health and welfare of animals
- Optimise animal environments to meet their needs
- Apply techniques to influence positive animal behaviour
- Provide information researched on an animal to promote animal welfare and conservation
To boost your employability, you will also undertake a two-week Employer Set Project which is great preparation for work in the industry.
How long will it take?
- 2 years, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above to include English and Maths.
- You will also need to attend an interview and an applicant day
Typical entry requirements include:
- 5 GCSEs grades 4 and above including Maths and English
What qualifications will I gain?
- T Level (Level 3) in Animal Care and Management
Course options after this programme
This course is equivalent to three A Levels, so you could decide to progress onto:
- Higher Education and study a degree,
- You could complete a Higher Apprenticeship or,
- Go straight into employment within the animal management sector
- Pet store or kennels or cattery manager
- Animal care technician
- Animal rescue centre staff
- Guide dog trainer
- Trainee zookeeper
- Animal conservationist
- Animal behaviourist