Technical Baccalaureate in
Conservation and Wildlife Management
If you’re academically skilled and aspire to work in the field of countryside conservation this advanced qualification could be for you!
Combining a Level 3 Technical Extended Diploma in Conservation and Wildlife Management with a Level 3 Maths qualification and industry specific work placement, this is an excellent pathway into employment and progression onto higher level study.
You’ll explore topics such as woodland management, estate skills, biodiversity and sustainability and complete a specialist industry project.
How long will it take?
- 2 years, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- 5 GCSEs at grades 4 or above to include English, Maths and Science at grade 5, or
- Relevant Level 2 Diploma in Countryside and Environment at Merit or above with GCSE grade 5 in Maths and English
- Those with other level 2 qualifications will be considered on a case by case basis
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Conservation and Wildlife Management
- Level 3 Core Maths
- Level 3 Extended Project qualification
Successful completion of these 3 elements will result in the awarding of the Technical Baccalaureate performance measure
Course options after this programme
- Study a degree in archaeology, experimental archaeology, or
- Gain employment within the field of archaeology
Higher Education course options
- Foundation degree in Environmental Conservation and Land Management
- Foundation degree Countryside, Conservation and Recreation Management
- A range of related degree programmes
- Conservation and habitat management
- Environment monitoring and protection
- Countryside ranger/warden
- Environmental education/wildlife education officer
- Estate management
- Project management