Technical Baccalaureate in
If you’re interested in growing and farming, this TechBacc could be for you. This course focuses on the production of a range of horticultural crops as well as ornamental production including cut flowers and nursery stock. Combining
good scientific knowledge with practical skills, this industry suits the technically minded as well as the business owner.
Career opportunities and starting salaries within the sector are good and there are great opportunities for budding entrepreneurs.
How long will it take?
- 2 years, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above to include English, Maths and Science at grade B, or
- Relevant Level 2 Diploma at Merit or above with GCSE grade B in Maths and English
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 3 120 credit Diploma in Horticulture (Production Horticulture)
- Level 3 60 credit Subsidiary Diploma in Agriculture (Crops)
- Level 3 Core Maths
- Level 3 Extended Project qualification
Successful completion of these elements will result in the awarding of the Technical Baccalaureate performance measure.
Course options after this programme
- Progress onto study a BSc (Hons) in Applied Plant Science and Production Technology
- Gain employment within the production horticulture industry
Higher Education course options
- BSc (Hons) Horticulture Science and Production Technology
- FdSc Agriculture
- BSc (Hons) Agriculture
- BSc (Hons) Horticulture
- BSc (Hons) Agriculture with Crop Management
- Nursery manager
- Fresh produce production manager