IMI Level 2 Award in
MOT Testing (Class 4 & Class 7)
Become an MOT Tester with Reaseheath College
The Level 2 Award in MOT Testing (Class 4 and Class 7) gives you the qualification required to train as an MOT Tester. This IMI approved qualification includes theory work, practical training in our £1 million purpose-built workshop and assessment.
On achieving this qualification, you will be able to undertake the DVSA final observed assessment, which on successful completion will give you their Certificate of Competence (CoC) to become a nominated tester.
On this course, you will look at:
- Safe working practices in the vehicle test centre
- Working relationships with the vehicle test centre
- Managing your own professional development as an MOT Tester
- Carrying out pre-test checks for statutory periodic roadworthiness test
How long will it take?
- 4 days (including assessment)
- Level 3 relevant qualification (contact us for more information)
- Be a skilled mechanic with at least 4 years’ full-time employment within the motor industry
- Hold a current and full UK drivers licence for vehicles classes 4 and 7 with no unspent driving convictions
- Apprentices who have been employed for 4 years are eligible
- Tuesday 20th – Friday 23rd April 2021
- Tuesday 8th – Friday 11th June 2021
Where will I study?
- Reaseheath College Motor Vehicle Department