Level 2 IMI Diploma
Become an MOT Tester with Reaseheath College
The Level 2 Award in MOT Testing (Class 4 and Class 7) gives you the qualification required to train as an MOT Tester.
This IMI approved qualification includes theory work, practical training in our £1 million purpose built workshop and assessment.
On achieving this qualification you will be to undertake the DVSA final observed assessment which on successful completion will give you their Certificate of Competence (CoC) to become a nominated tester.
What will I study?
- Safe Working Practices in the Vehicle Test Centre
- Working Relationships with the Vehicle Test Centre
- Manage Own Professional Development as an MOT Tester
- Carry out Pre-test Checks for Statutory Periodic Roadworthiness Test
How long will it take?
- 4 days (including assessment)
- Level 3 relevant qualification (contact us for more information)
- Be a skilled mechanic with at least 4 years’ full-time employment within the motor industry
- Hold a current and full UK drivers licence for vehicles classes 4 and 7 with no unspent driving convictions
- Apprentices who have been employed for 4 years are eligible
- 8th – 11th October
- 22nd – 25th October
- 5th – 8th November
- 19th – 22nd November
- 3rd – 6th December
- 17th – 20th December
- 7th – 10th January
- 21st – 24th January
- 4th – 7th February
- 25th – 27th February
- 3rd – 6th March
- 17th – 20th March
- 31st March – 3rd April
- 21st – 24th April
- 5th – 8th May
- 19th – 22nd May
- 9th – 12th June
- 23rd – 26th June
Where will I study?
- Reaseheath College Motor Vehicle Department