The IMI Level 2 Award in MOT Testing is the second stage in becoming a qualified MOT tester.
It was developed alongside the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) and is designed to equip learners with the qualification, knowledge and skills necessary to carry out and accurate and repeatable MOT Test Routine. The main topics covered during the course are:Working Safely within a Vehicle Test Centre, Working Relationships,Professional Development,Pre-Test Checks,Conducting the The MOT Test routine.
On this course, you will look at:
- Safe working practices in the vehicle test centre
- Working relationships with the vehicle test centre
- Managing your own professional development as an MOT Tester
- Carrying out pre-test checks for statutory periodic roadworthiness test
To be eligible to undertake this MOT Tester training, you must:
- Have a current and full UK driving licence for the classes of vehicle you wish to test
- Be a skilled mechanic, with at least 4 years full-time employment in the service and repair of the vehicle types to be tested
- Have no unspent convictions for criminal offences connected with the MOT testing scheme or the motor trade, or involving acts of violence or intimidation
- Be of good repute
- Monday 18th – 21st March 2024
- Monday 17th – 20th June 2024
Starting at 9:00 finishing at 17:00 for 4 days
Courses will run with suitable numbers and you will be notified if any of the courses are cancelled.