Key Stage 4:
The Vocational Opportunities Programme
If you enjoy biological sciences and adore animals why not combine your interests and become an animal management student at Reaseheath. You will be based at our fantastic purpose built animal centre with its licensed teaching zoo – facilities which are among the best in the UK. Even more exciting, you’ll have the chance to work with 125 different species of animals including tapirs, meerkats, ring tailed lemurs, otters, birds of prey, reptiles, fish, amphibians and a range of companion and park animals.
What will I be doing?
- Animal feeding and watering
- Maintaining animal accommodation
- Animal handling, exercise and restraint of animals
- Animal health and wellbeing
Where will I be working?
In the College Zoo, a classroom and outside. Working with a range of mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish and invertebrates.
What will I need to wear?
- Overalls and boots with steel toe caps
- Wet and cold weather clothing for when working outside
What qualification will I gain?
- City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Land-Based Studies 603/3596/8
How will I be assessed?
- Internal assessments
- External online health and safety exam
Options after this programme