You will gain relevant, practical experience in our £1 million purpose built workshop, which having five bays makes it the largest in the area. You will train on modern vehicles have access to training rigs, so you’ll always be getting plenty of hands-on experience. Our workshop facilities include ten vehicle ramps and a simulated MOT standard test lane, and we also have four-way Hunter laser wheel alignment
What will I be doing?
- Health & safety in the workplace
- Vehicle engines & systems
- Fast-fit operations
- Maintenance of electrical systems
Where will I be working?
In the Motor Vehicle workshop and classrooms.
What will I need to wear?
- Overalls and boots with steel toe caps
What qualification will I gain?
- IMI Level 1 Certificate in Carrying out Periodic Vehicle Maintenance and Inspection 603/3088/0
How will I be assessed?
2 attempts at external exams in:
- Health and safety
- Supporting job roles in an engineering environment
- Maths and science in engineering
- Tools identification
Options after this programme