An introduction to Agriculture, Horticulture and Countryside.
What will I be doing?
- Working with farm animals and crops
- Maintenance of tools and equipment
- Moving and handling farm resources
- Tractor operation and maintenance
- Estate maintenance (hedge-laying, fencing, hardcore replacement)
- Maintenance of conservation areas
- Establishing and maintaining trees, shrubs and bedding
Where will I be working?
- On the college farm, college grounds and inside the greenhouses
What will I need to wear?
- Overalls and boots with steel toe caps
- Wet and cold weather clothing for when working outside
What qualification will I gain?
- City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Land-Based Studies 603/3596/8
How will I be assessed?
- Internal assessments
- External online health and safety exam
Options after this programme
You can go on to study