You will gain experience in maintaining tractors and agricultural machinery used in precision farming. Based in our dedicated Engineering Skills Academy, which has workshops equipped to industry standard you will develop your technical knowledge and practical skills using the latest diagnostic equipment.
What will I be doing?
- Health & safety in the workplace
- Vehicle engines & systems
- Fast-fit operations
- Maintenance of electrical systems
- Routine vehicle maintenance procedures on vehicles
Where will I be working?
In the Agricultural Engineering workshops and classrooms.
What will I need to wear?
- Overalls and boots with steel toe caps
What qualification will I gain?
- IMI Level 1 Certificate in Carrying out Periodic Vehicle Maintenance and Inspection 603/3088/0
How will I be assessed?
2 attempts at external exams in:
- Health and safety
- Supporting job roles in an engineering environment
- Maths and science in engineering
- Tools identification
Options after this programme