Spending time hands-on in our dairy processing halls and bakery areas, putting the theory they’ve learned in the classroom into practice. Reaseheath’s industry standard Food Centre commands huge respect within the industry. Our commercial facilities are regarded to be among the best of any college in Europe.
What will I be doing?
- Preparing and cooking using basic skills
- Understand food and its function in the body and in recipes
- Understand balanced diets and modifications of recipes for health
- Plan and produce dishes for a purpose
Where will I be working?
In the College’s Food Innovation Centre, which contains industry standard food processing halls
What will I need to wear?
- Specialist clothing will be provided by the College
- You will need to provide your own safety footwear which can be purchased via the College
What qualification will I gain?
- NCFE Level 1 Certificate in Food and Cookery Skills 603/3909/3 or Level 2 (QAN – 601/4533/X) Certificate in Food and Cookery
How will I be assessed?
- External exam
- Practical assessment
Options after this programme
- Apprenticeships in Food Industry Skills
- Level 1 Foundation in Food Industry Skills
- Level 2 Diploma in Professional Butchery
- Level 2 Diploma in Patisserie and Bakery
- Level 3 Diploma in Food Technology and Management (equivalent to GCE A-Level)
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Bakery (equivalent to GCE A-Level)
- Level 2 Butchery Standard