001432 – City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate of Competence in the Safe Use of All-terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
There is a perception that these machines are “fun toys” and are easy to drive, in reality you require a high level of skill to drive and handle an ATV safely and competently in differing off road situations.
- 1 day if experienced
- 2 days if inexperienced
Followed by an assessment at a later date.
You must be aged 16 years or over and be physically fit and able to complete the tasks involved.
Candidates must provide their own PPE.
The course must take place on your site and with your equipment.
Skills and Knowledge
- Legal requirements
- Safe driving techniques
- Function of controls
- Daily maintenance routines
- Pre-start checks
- Driving an ATV with a trailer
- Driving around a specified course and on slopes
- Safe parking
- Potential dangers of driving on rough terrain and slopes
- Cleaning and checking of the ATV
Email email@example.com for more information.