Safe use of a stumpgrinder (0025-04)
Gaining this qualification proves that you can prepare, operate and maintain a stump grinder in a competent and professional manner.
The training and assessment is divided into three compulsory units:
- Prepare the stump grinder for operation
- Operate the stump grinder
- Maintain the stump grinder
1 day training followed by assessment at a later date.
You must be aged 16 years or over and be physically fit and able to complete the tasks involved
Candidate must provide their own PPE.
Skills & Knowledge Assessed
- Current legislation relating to movement of a machine on a public highway
- Legal and safety requirements
- Pre-start checks
- Statutory guard requirements
- Fuel storage and transportation
- Safe lifting and handling requirements
- Suitability of machine for the task and machine adjustments
- Check output against specification
- Cleaning and storage
- Completion of appropriate documentation
- Identification of hazards and erecting barriers/signs to safeguard the public.